»

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Ballon Bash Cut Out Card

As you will have gathered (if you have read previous posts), I taught at a last weekend's Creative Inkers Stamp Camp. I have shared already lots of the projects I made to showcase the Birthday Suite from the current Occasions Mini Catalogue. But now it's time to reveal the project I taught.

I wanted to design something that was a bit different to anything I had seen done with this set to date and to have one or two tips I could share with my fellow demonstrators.

this is the card I designed;

I showed then how ytou could Partially die cut the Balloonm shapes using the circle tag die from the Curvy Keepsake Box thinlits (there is also an oval tag that you could use with the oval shaped balloon). The trick is to make sure your top cutting plate partially covers the balloon to be die cut or elae the whole ablloon will pop out.
The little stars were punched using the Confetti Stars Punch (pg 45 of the mini)

Then I wanted to make a special envelope for the card. I thought of using the Mini Treat Bag but it was too small to fit a normal sized card. I then set about designing a way to extend the Mini Treat Bag to fit the card.

This is what I came up with;
Check back tomorrow for the instructions on how to extend the Mini Treat Bag.








No comments:

Post a Comment